Friday, October 30, 2009

Simple Lace Headband/Sash

Needed a little something extra for my 'Knitting Fairy' costume, and I found about half a skein of Berroco Lumina left over from a crocheted headband I'd made for a friend, so I whipped up a quick lacy headband for myself. With more yarn, you could easily keep knitting to make a sash/hipbelt, but for this particular project, I was constricted by both supplies and time.

Yarn: Berroco Lumina (Berroco Sox Metallic or Louisa Harding Jasmine would work nicely as well - thin, smooth, and sparkly is the key here)
Needles size 5 (3.75 mm)

Setup:
Cast on 16
Knit two rows

Row 1: slip one as if to knit, (yarn over, knit 2 together) until 1 stitch remains, knit one.
Row 2: slip one as if to purl, knit to end.

Repeat these two rows until desired length. Knit two rows, and bind off.
Note: The finished piece will be a parallelogram, not a rectangle, so don't worry if your knitting seems to be leaning to one side as you work (it's supposed to).


----------------
Now playing: Avenue Q Original Broadway Cast - Schadenfreude
via FoxyTunes

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.